What is StackForms?
Take this typical use case: a developer wants to configure a new environment, but choosing variables and knowing permissions requires specialist knowledge - and often the help of your DevOps team. This slows down deployment and draws your team’s focus away from what’s important.
StackForms is a self-service developer portal that acts as the glue between your environments in order for your services to work end-to-end. Here's an example: one Cycloid project could deploy a landing zone with network while another Cycloid project would deploy compute and storage, where the end-user would be able to select a previously deployed landing zone. It's that easy!
How does it work?
Efficiency at its core
Allow your end-users to serve themselves independently, without DevOps intervention.
- Create environments without specialist knowledge
- Improved UX for better developer experience
- Validate end-user values with a regular expression for the best quality
DevOps engineers have total control over permissions, values, Stacks and lists of variables or scenarios.
- Limit team members to approved tools and services
- Estimate costs before deployment
- Build option lists for dropdown, auto-complete or radio buttons with external tools and API
Powerful tech behind simple design
The easy-to-use interface covers up the more complex “nuts and bolts” underneath.
- Compatible with YAML, Terraform and Pulumi
- Wide range of widgets and variables
- Conditional fields