Why things should change ?
While building Cycloid, one purpose was to change the relation between people.
For us, a company
is a group of people that aims to achieve something great and useful together.
should serve its collaborators and their well being not the opposite.
In a global overview, we see that:
- work related stress and anxiety have been increasing continuously over the past decades
- growth is not anymore a mean but has, unfortunately, become the ultimate purpose, roundtables to increase capital are the sacred way
- the management team (founders, Presidents and VPs, mid-management) is in utter loneliness, separated from their teams
- 9 out of 10 recruitments for managing positions ultimately prove to be a failure
- current and coming generations have a fundamentally different approach on authority and talented people want to have a say in the company’s strategy
- the 3 main explanatory reasons as to why an employee quits are: conflicts with his manager, lack of salary increase and a bad atmosphere at work
- companies benefits are not distributed equally, the biggest chunk goes to shareholders and very little is distributed among employees
- technological progress has been increasingly faster. If previously a product’s life cycle was 3 to 5 years, it has now been reduced to 1 year. Technological frenzy at it’s best. How could we innovate and stay on cutting-edge technology if you work with Top-Down management ?
- proprietary software has lost the battle of IT, Open source is the rule