Find a purpose: be yourself
Join the team to contribute to a new kind of company
GO Backend Developer
Cycloid: The DevOps platform to simplify and speed up DevOps and cloud adoption.
The Cycloid team works in two connected areas:
- we develop cycloid.io: a DevOps platform including TerraCognita, StackCraft, a service catalogue, CI/CD container pipeline, logs centralisation and cost tracking.
- we provide services as your DevOps team: we Design / Audit / Build / Migrate / and provide Managed Services through “DevOps As A Service”
We are 30 passionate people building a fantastic Teal organisation since 2015. Our product and DevOps team are already contributing to numerous IT services across Europe. We speed up our development thanks to a 4,5 M€ fundraising in 2019.
What you want to participate to:
We provide a working environment for everyone to contribute in their best way to build new features (green field) and help us make our current codebase more robust and maintainable (brown field). We work on empowering people so we don't have a full-time product manager due to our culture. As a full member of the Backend team, you will:
- Build new features, bring new ideas, to a great DevOps platform to build a bridge between Devs’ & Ops & tools.
- Develop in Go/Golang
- Test your own code: we believe you are the best person to do it !
- Review your peers, as well as they review your code, ensuring best practices and knowledge sharing
- Share some good times once every trimester at our headquarters in Paris to work all together on our strategy, roadmap, next features, … etc.
- Define your own goals, agenda and priorities
- Share your ideas and knowledge with others and be listened to, on every topic regarding the company, not only code.
- A passionate software engineer (most important)
- With several years of experience crafting software (it is better)
- Having a broad experience in back-end development, HTTP and APIs
- Some experience with Go (preferably)
- Knowledge of distributed systems and simplicity, familiar with the UNIX philosophy, database such as MySQL, swagger…
- A big +: you understand DevOps methodology or have worked as a DevOps
- You are a great team player
- Have remote work experience (even if you can work in Paris office if you want to…)
- You have enough English skills to work remote with people across Europe
- No interest in managing others! Contribute, share and manage yourself is enough
If you can support us in getting things shipped, that you code well first time and in a timely manner - all the while maintaining a good communication (with great gif game), you will be truly welcomed!
- Broad knowledge on HTTP and APIs
- Keeping up to date with best practises and new technologies within Backend
- Good knowledge of git and Github (PR’s, issues, rebasing, cherry-picking etc)
- Ability to find the best GIFs and emoji for all situations
- Full English proficiency
- Full Remote proficiency
- Slack, Trello, Hangout full proficiency (no emails...it’s so 20th century !)
Nice to have:
- UNIX Philosophy, database such as MySQL, swagger,...
- E2E testing
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- More than English
Recruitment process is following 3 steps:
- Interview with Sara or Sophie from HR
- Tech test reviewed by the team
- Team Hangout meeting
Feel free to send us:
- Your CV, LinkedIn profile or portfolio to email@example.com
- A link to your public repositories (share your best work with us!)
Cycloid is committed to having equal opportunities between men and women!