Find a purpose: be yourself
Join the team and contribute
to a new kind of company
Senior Back End Developer
Cycloid is a simple and non-intrusive DevOps framework, available in SaaS and on-premise modes, that optimizes people's use of technology and the cloud. We help teams work smarter together, regardless of skillset, all the while ensuring governance and maintaining flexibility. We already contribute to numerous IT services across Europe. We help numerous IT departments in companies across Europe with their DevOps rollout and optimization.
We strongly believe in:
- Open source - we contribute, develop, and release open source technologies
- The teal organizational model - ensure scalability WITH people and not OVER them
- Full informational transparency on every topic
We are 30 passionate Europeans from 7 countries and have doubled our revenue and the team every year. We raised €4.5M in funding in 2019, allowing us to speed up development.
One goal: to make our DevOps framework the leading DevOps tool in the world
As a full member of the Back End team, you will:
- Build new features, bring new ideas, to a great DevOps platform to build a bridge between Devs’ & Ops & tools.
- Develop in Go/Golang
- Test your own code: we believe you are the best person to do it !
- Review your peers, as well as they review your code, ensuring best practices and knowledge sharing
- Share some good times once every trimester at our headquarters in Paris to work all together on our strategy, roadmap, next features, … etc.
- Define your own goals, agenda and priorities
- Share your ideas and knowledge with others and be listened to, on every topic regarding the company, not only code.
You are :
- A passionate software engineer, (most important)
- With several years of experience crafting software (it is better)
- Having a broad experience in back-end development, HTTP and APIs
- Some experience with Go (preferably)
- Knowledge of distributed systems and simplicity, familiar with the UNIX philosophy, database such as MySQL, swagger …
- A big + : you understand Devops methodology or have worked as a DevOps.
- You are a great team player
- Have remote work experience (even if you can work in Paris office if you want to…)
- You have enough English skills to work remote with people across Europe
- No interest in managing others! Contribute, share and manage yourself is enough
If you can support us in getting things shipped, that you code well first time and in a timely manner - all the while maintaining a good communication (with great gif game), you will be truly welcome !
- Broad knowledge on HTTP and APIs
- Keeping up to date with best practises and new technologies within Backend
- E2E testing
- Good knowledge of git and Github (PR’s, issues, rebasing, cherry-picking etc)
- Ability to find the best GIFs and emoji for all situations
- Full English proficiency
- Full Remote proficiency
- Slack, Trello, Hangout full proficiency (no emails...it’s so 20th century !)
Nice to have:
- UNIX Philosophy, database such as MySQL, swagger,...
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Interview with Alexandra from HR
- Tech test reviewed by the team
- Team Hangout meeting
Feel free to send us:
- Your CV, LinkedIn profile or portfolio to email@example.com
- A link to your public repositories (share your best work with us !)