Find a purpose: be yourself
Join the team and contribute
to a new kind of company
Frontend Team Lead
Cycloid is a simple and non-intrusive DevOps framework, available in SaaS and on-premise modes, that optimizes people's use of technology and the cloud. We help teams work smarter together, regardless of skillset, all the while ensuring governance and maintaining flexibility. We already contribute to numerous IT services across Europe. We help numerous IT departments in companies across Europe with their DevOps rollout and optimization.
We strongly believe in:
- Open source - we contribute, develop, and release open source technologies
- The teal organizational model - ensure scalability WITH people and not OVER them
- Full informational transparency on every topic
We are 40 passionate Europeans from 7 countries and have doubled our revenue and the team every year. We raised €4.5M in funding in 2019, allowing us to speed up development.
One goal: to make our DevOps framework the leading DevOps tool in the world
- Lead an amazing team of 10 (and growing) front end developers across Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Hungary, Serbia, Poland, UK…)
- Collaborate with the Design, Backend and Ops teams to develop features
- Contribute to unit/E2E testing, bug fixing, documentation etc
- Review pull requests, submitted by colleagues
- Working both autonomously and collaboratively
- Being a part of discussions that have a team/company wide impact
- Lead the entire web function and be responsible for effectively recruiting, mentoring, and retaining your great team (10 people and growing!)
- Be responsible for project management as well as day-to-day execution, guide technical and architectural choices
- Ensure the team is highly collaborative and effective
We are looking for a talented and passionate Lead Frontend Developer to help us build our Framework.
We value clean, DRY, easy to read code that is well tested and keeps up to date with modern standards.
We have a dedicated Design team, so you will be building things based on their mockups and user flows.
- Are a Frontend developer with 5+ years of professional experience
- Have team experience in leading a development team
- Are not afraid of taking on big tasks and getting your hands dirty
- You would rather lead than manage, a flat organisation is what you’re looking for.
- You have a growth mindset with pragmatic decision-making skills and strong collaboration skills
- Are an open-minded, knowledgeable and friendly person
- Have no interest in managing others, a flat organization sounds ideal
- Know how to strike the right balance between autonomy and working collectively in a team
- You can demonstrate how you have supported the effective development of other engineers (through coaching and mentoring for example)
- At least 3 years of professional knowledge with Vue.js, or other JS frameworks (React, Angular, Ember etc)
- Good coding practices using modern CSS, HTML and JS
- Unit testing (we use Jest, but experience in others is useful)
- Good knowledge of git and GitHub (code reviews, rebasing, cherry-picking etc)
- Capacity to communicate effectively and clearly in English and French, both verbally and in writing
- Experience managing a team of developers in a fast growing environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with Webpack, E2E testing (i.e. Cypress) and CI/CD tools
- Experience working remotely
- DevOps knowledge or interest
- Have contributed to the open source community
- Introduction meeting with Alexandra or Paul from the People team.
- Cultural fit interview with Isabel and Sophie
- Technical task repo, submitted for review by our FE team
- Meeting with the others team leads ( Backend, DevOps, Product)
- Job Offer, if successful
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com with
- Preferred Your CV
- Optional Links to your LinkedIn profile, GitHub/GitLab profile and/or portfolio